1. JOSEPH WAS PLACED IN THE DUNGEON WHERE THE KING’S PRISONERS WERE KEPT. SOON AFTER THAT, PHARAOH WAS ANGRY AT TWO OF HIS SERVANTS … THEY WERE PLACED IN THE SAME DUNGEON WHERE JOSEPH WAS IMPRISONED. WHEN JOSEPH CAME TO THEM IN THE MORNING, HE SAW THEY WERE UPSET. “WHY DO YOU LOOK SO WORRIED TODAY?” HE ASKED. (39:20 – 40:4)
Joseph. One of the most famous people in the Bible.
His story is one that we can relate to. (more…)
1. AND A MAN FOUGHT WITH JACOB UNTIL THE MORNING … (32:25)
According to Jewish mystical tradition, this was not an ordinary fight.
Jacob’s battle with the stranger is symbolic of an eternal struggle.
It’s about the forces that would destroy us. And our battle for survival. (more…)
1. AND JACOB SAID TO THEM, ‘MY BROTHERS. FROM WHERE DO YOU COME?’ … AND HE SAID, ‘IT IS STILL THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. IT’S NOT YET TIME TO BRING IN THE SHEEP. WHY NOT WATER THEM, AND GO ON GRAZING …’ (29:4-7)
It was just a small incident.
Jacob sees some workers ‘goofing off’. Standing around, instead of doing their job.
It would have been easy to ignore it. (more…)
1. AND ESAU SAID, I AM GOING TO DIE … (25:32)
Isaac and Rebecca are married and have no children.
Finally, Rebecca gives birth to twins. Esau and Jacob.
As the older brother, Esau had the “birthright”. (more…)
1. ISAAC … MARRIED REBECCA …’ (24:67)
Rebecca. One of the founding mothers of the Jewish People.
Married to Isaac. Abraham’s son. The first Jewish child.
What do we know about her? What made her the right person?
The Torah stresses one thing. (more…)
1. AND G-D SAID TO ABRAHAM …’ (12:1).
Abraham. Possibly the most influential person in history.
He taught the world about G-d.
That there’s a G-d Who demands morality. And ethics.
And Abraham also taught the world (more…)
I have an incredibly hectic job as a Chief Financial Officer for a high growth technology company. My study session with Rabbi Deutsch is a great spiritual renewal in the middle of my week and helps me keep focus on what is truly important.
The Rabbis at CTN do an amazing job of demonstrating the beauty and richness of Judaism. They provide me and many others with the opportunity to incorporate Torah study and growth into my week at my own pace. CTN has truly been a wonderful addition to my life.
CTN has allowed me – and many other young professionals – to grow in my Jewish identity and Jewish knowledge at a pace that is right for me. If you’re looking for Jewish learning and inspiration, CTN is definitely the place to go!
My commitment to Israel and efforts on behalf of Jewish causes has dramatically increased since I have begun to learn more about Torah and Jewish tradition with CTN and its wonderful Rabbis. CTN has had a tremendous impact on my and my family’s life.
Rabbi Deutsch and Rabbi Katz really make an effort to try to connect to everyone. At CTN people are always reaching out to you and offering support every step of the way. Classes and holiday services are always on a level that is inclusive as well as inspirational.